The Sawyer-Weil Pavilion at Kamp Kiwanis has been dedicated as a place to remember special people and events in Girl Scouting. Troops have placed bricks to recognize current and past leaders, volunteers, and even Camporees!
If you would like to join this tradition, here is the form with all the information. It's a great feeling to come visit "your brick" at Kamp Kiwanis and recall the happy memories of the people and places you associate with Girl Scouts.
Supporting Girl Scouts of Southern Alabama through Donations
The Girl Scout Leadership Experience touches girls in Mobile and Clarke counties. The majority of them could not afford to be a Girl Scout if they didn't receive this support from the community.
A recent study confirmed that the girls who benefit most from Girl
Scouting are those who can least afford it. Mobile and Clarke counties have benefitted from Girl Scouts in the following ways:
Please consider DONATING DIRECTLY to Girl Scouts of Southern Alabama, so girls can continue to serve as building blocks of the Mobile and Clarke County communities.
Girl Scouts recently have constructed a helipad for medical evacuations in Citronelle.
- A Girl Scout who lives in a Mobile public housing community won a national poster award from an advertising agency with the slogan, "fly above all expectations."
- Girl Scout troops in Mobile sign up to make dinner for the ladies at McKemie Place (women-only homeless shelter).
- A Girl Scout troop in Mobile painted the trash cans at the Medal of Honor Park to encourage proper trash disposal.
Or you may use our donation form or contact Virginia Edington, Director of Development, for more information at 1-800-239-6636 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Organizations that Donate to GSSA When You Shop: Have you heard of Socialvest or Amazon Smiles? These are easy ways to earn donations to GSSA at no cost to you!
- Socialvest works with companies to donate a percentage of your purchase (at no cost to you) when you shop online. An add-on to your browser tells you how much will be donated to GSSA for each purchase.
- Amazon Smiles will donate a straight 0.5% to GSSA on all eligible purchases at no cost to you! Just choose Girl Scouts of the Deep South (our council's legacy name) as your charity. Remember to log into amazon via Amazon Smiles (http://smile.amazon.com) when you shop. We really appreciate your participation.
Gifts in Kind: Do you or your business have supplies that could be donated, or a facility that we could use to hold an event? Your donation of an in-kind gift could mean a tax donation for you and a very real benefit to local Girl Scouts.
Honor/Memorial Gifts: This is a very special way to pay tribute to someone. We will send a card to the honoree (or their family) informing them of your tribute.
Planned Giving: Leave a lasting legacy by including Girl Scouts of Southern Alabama in your estate planning.